Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New Mexico

The last few days I have been in Texas and New Mexico for my grandfather's funeral.  It's been a long time since I've been to New Mexico, and I took that opportunity to take as many photographs of the land as I could.  Here are some of my favorites:


Nikon D80, 18-135mm, f/10, 1/640
This is the only wall left from an old Adobe house that sat on the corner of County Road 53A in Maes, New Mexico.


Nikon D80, 18-135mm, f/10, 1/1000
The road leading out to Lillian's Ranch in Maes, New Mexico.


(click to view larger)
Nikon D80, 18-135mm, f/10, 1/1000
The view from the top of a hill on Route 104 in Maes, New Mexico.


5 comments:

  1. Great photos! I'm a big fan of the Southwest and so its nice to see your photos. Really nice work Torii! Love the photo of your Dad I'm sure that you will always will look back and be glad that you have them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photographs. Like Jason, I am also a fan of the SW United States. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the portrait of your dad looks very nice, and love the clouds in your other shots. Nice work, hurry up and get back here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful Torii! It's not often that I can just look at some ones photo and really feel like I'm there. Naicee

    ReplyDelete